Working with Small Groups
The relationship of people and place is two-fold: just as a place affects those within and around it, the people who occupy a place affect the inherent nature of the place itself. Our work with groups, professional teams and small community “collectives” often involves re-shifting the story and energy of a place that people have known for sometime. For instance, the death of a beloved coworker on-site may call for a ceremony in an office or professional building; a segment of road that is the site of chronic fatal car accidents; an intentional community dedicating their land to their cause. Whatever the case may be, we support “the collective journey” as follows:
- Interview multiple stakeholders to elicit the “story” of the Place.
- 1.5- Day Pilgrim of Place Workshop: experiential intensive for 2-4 community/organization members to develop skills to maintain the new story and on-going vision of your re-spiritualized place.
- Discover the imprint of a place by assessing everything from its physical characteristics and terrain to its spiritual, metaphorical and psychic story. This part of our work allows us to determine what needs to be released in order to shift the energy and begin the process.
- Facilitate collective artisan session and/or customize hand-made sacred objects specific for your community’s ceremonial use – this may be a form of World Tree, and/or grief shrine new story shrine.
- Release the old story and re-align place to its place-specific holy intelligence through community event/ceremony.
- Up to two on-site follow-ups.
- Telephone follow-up 6 months as needed.